Professor & Associate Dean (AAC)
Dr.Ramamurthy Suri, Professor of Mathematics, completed his Ph.D. from JNTUH, Hyderabad. He has over 22 years of academic experience. His Ph.D. work on Approximation theory which was supervised by Prof.S.N.Narahari Pandit, a renowned statistician. He holds a post graduate degree in Mathematics, prior to which he acquired his B.SC.(Hons) degree from Osmania University, majoring in Mathematics.
Dr.Suri’s research interests include developing algorithms to parametrize curves and surfaces using a novel matrix calculus and Pattern Recognition using Statistical techniques. He has published his works in about 10 research journals.
Dr.Suri has vast administrative experience which includes his present stint as Vice Principal at GRIET for the past 11 years. He has also held position as Head of the Department for 15 years. He has been Chairman, Board of studies for the faculty of Mathematics at GRIET for 2 terms. He was also on the board of studies for Mathematics at the JNTUH in the year 2016. He was the founder head of the department of Basic Sciences at GRIET.
Dr.Suri has been the founder Chairman of Advanced Academic Center (AAC) at GRIET for the past 10 years. The vision of this center is to make students at the entry level of B.Tech. to think originally, motivate them to work on concepts beyond academics and encourage teaching skills. This center has made a mark with scientific establishments like NRSC(ISRO) and IICT(CSIR) inviting senior students of GRIET to work on major projects in their labs. AAC has enabled GRIET sign a MOU with NRSC for academic joint research projects.
Dr.Suri is a regular visiting faculty at the Institution of Engineers(India), Hyderabad where he delivers specialized talks in applied mathematics to senior technician members of the IEI.
Professor, Mathematics Professor & Associate Dean (AAC)
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Educational DetailsPh.D. (Mathematics), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. He worked under the supervision of renowned statistician Dr.S.N.Narahari Pandit.
M.Sc. (Mathematics) from Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana State
B.Sc.(Hons) from Osmania University with Mathematics as major and Physics and Statistics as ancillary subjects
Professional BackgroundProfessor (Mathematics), GRIET, Hyderabad, April 2007 till date
Associate Professor (Mathematics), GRIET, Hyderabad, July 2001 to April 2007
Assistant Professor (Mathematics), GRIET, Hyderabad, July 200 to July 2001
Assistant Professor (Mathematics), Siva Sivani Institute of Computer Sciences, Hyderabad. July 1996 to July 2000
Lecturer (Mathematics). Loyola Academy, Hyderabad from June 1991 to July 1996
Administrative ExperienceVice Principal, GRIET, Hyderabad since August 2007
Head of the Department of Basic Sciences, GRIET from 2000 to 2014 & 2015-2017
Chairperson, Advanced Academic Center (AAC) at GRIET since 2008
Chairman, Board of Studies (Mathematics), GRIET in 2011, 2014, 2018
Member, Board of Studies (Mathematics). JNTUH, Hyderabad in 2016
Courses TaughtLinear Algebra and Single Variable Calculus
Transform Calculus and Fourier Series
Probability and Statistics
Optimization techniques for Engineers
Simulation and Modeling
Performance modeling of automated manufacturing systems
1. Paper titled “Parametric Fitting of non function like curves by Minmaxion and Minaddition” published in “International journal of scientific and innovative mathematical research (IJSIMR)” Volume 2, Issue 2, pp. 221-232. ISSN 2347-307X (print) & ISSN 2347-3142 (online).
2. Paper titled “On the curvature preserving piecewise approximation of closed planar curves by minmaxion” published in “International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Statistical Sciences(IJAMSS)” Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 45-53. ISSN(P): 2319-3972; ISSN(E): 2319-3980.
3. Paper titled “Connective Stem Determination by Minmaxion” published in “International Journal of Modern Sciences and Engineering Technology (IJMSET)” Volume 1, Issue 3, pp. 29-35. ISSN 2349-3755.
4. Curve fitting when the curve may not be a function-Journal of inter-disciplinary Mathematics, Taylor and Francis, Taru publications, 2006
5. A paper presented and published in proceedings of “XX Congress of Andhra Pradesh society for Mathematical Sciences (APSMS) Khammam- & National Conference on Mathematical Modeling & Simulation” in the year December 2011.
6. A paper presented and published in proceedings of “National Conference on Mathematical Sciences & Engineering Applications” – Baba Institute of Technology and Sciences, Visakhapatnam in the year March 2012.
7. A Paper presented and published in proceedings of “National Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematical Computing (NCRTMC’13)” organized by VIT University – Chennai Campus in the year August 2013.(ISBN 978-93-82338-68-0)
Seminars and Symposiums
Current Research ScholarsV. Siva Ramakrishna Reddy – Faculty at GRIET, Hyderabad - Working on Ph.D. thesis in the area of Approximation theory titled- “A new matrix calculus to parametrize curves and surfaces”- Project nearing completion
Ch, Soma Sekhar- Faculty at IARE, Hyderabad- Working on Pattern Recognition titled “Finding basins in data clusters using a new matrix calculus:- Project temporarily paused