Dr. G. Patrick
Dr. G. Patrick, Professor of Physics in the Department of Humanities and Basic Sciences, GRIET, Hyderabad, completed his Ph.D from Osmania University, Hyderabad in 2008. Prior to Ph.D, he earned his Master's degree in Physics. He has over 24 years of teaching, research and administrative experience. Material science and Medical Bio-Physics are his areas of research interest. His way of relaxing is by reading.
Office Room no: 3208
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Educational DetailsPh.D in Physics from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana (2008)
M.Sc. Physics from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana (1990 - 1992)
B.Sc.(MPC) from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana (1987 - 1990)
Professional BackgroundProfessor of Physics, Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bachupally, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, April, 2015 till date.
Professor of Physics, Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Secunderabad, Telangana, September, 2006 to April, 2015.
Assistant Professor of Physics, Y S College of Engineering, Ranga Reddy, Telangana, October, 2004 to September, 2006.
Assistant Professor of Physics, Royal College of Engineering, Medak, Telangana, November 2001 to October, 2004.
Assistant Professor of Physics, Siva Sivani Institute of Computer Science and Engineering, Telangana, August 1996 to November 2001.
Administrative ExperienceInformation and Communication Technology (ICT) In- charge (Physics Faculty), GRIET, 2017 - till date.
Member, Examination branch I B. Tech. and students mentor, GRIET, 2018 - till date
Chairman, BOS, Physics, GRIET, 2017-2018.
Member, I B. Tech Admission Committee, GRIET, 2017-18.
HOD, Department of Basic Sciences, Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, 2013-15.
Management Representative (ISO 9001-2000) and Academic In-Charge, Royal College of Engineering, 2002-04.
Courses TaughtApplied Physics
Applied Physics Lab
1. G Patrick, “Mechanical Properties of some Composite Materials", International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology, 2018, 7(2), PP: 429 – 434, ISSN: 2278-3687.
2. G Patrick et. al, Studies on conversion of Thermal energy in to Electrical energy using ferromagnetic cobalt as core material, proceedings- National conference MSA, 2018, PP: 120-124, ISBN: 978-81-928677-2-4.
3. G Patrick, “Thermo-Electric properties of some composite materials, proceedings"- National conference MSA, 2016, PP: 109-111, ISBN; 978-81-929088-4-7.
4. G Patrick, "Setting characteristics of dental material”, Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 2009, 21(4), PP:563-567, ISSN: 0974 - 8970
5. G Patrick, "Inorganic Composition and Crystal Structure of dental material”, Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 2009, 21(3), PP: 387-393, ISSN: 0974 - 8970
6. G Patrick, "Thermal Characteristics of Some dental material”, Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 2005, 17(1), PP: 15-22, ISSN: 0974 - 8970
7. G Patrick, "Electrical Properties of Some dental material”, Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 2005, 17(1), PP: 37-41, ISSN: 0974 - 8970
Seminars and Symposiums1. National Conference on Materials for Specific Applications, 29-30 January 2018, GRIET.
2. National Conference on Materials for Specific Applications, 29-30 March, 2016, GRIET.
3. National Conference on Latest Trends in Emerging Materials, 20-21 January, 2012, JNTUH.
4. National Seminar on Characteristics of Trace Elements in Natural Compounds by Spectroscopic methods, 22-23 January, 2010, Sri Venkateshwara College.
5. National Symposium on Recent Trends in Molecular & Medical Biophysics, 22-25 January, 2005, University of Pune.