Ms. B.Jyothirmai is an Associate Professor of Chemistry in the Department of Humanities and Basic Sciences, GRIET, Hyderabad. She completed her M.Sc Chemistry from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur in 2004. She received doctorate in Chemistry from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur in 2017.
Office Room no: 4308
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Educational DetailsPhD. Chemistry from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur 2017.
M.Sc. Chemistry from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur 2002-2004.
B.Sc(BZC) Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur in 1999-2002
Professional BackgroundAssociate Professor of Chemistry, GokarajuRangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bachupally, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, September 2016 tilldate.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineeringand Technology, Bachupally, Hyderabad, Telangana, August 2009-2012.
Lecturer in Chemistry, JagarlamudiKuppuswamy Chowdary PGCollege, Guntur 2007-2009
Lecturer in Chemistry, GVR&S PG College in Guntur 2006-2007.
Lecturer in Chemistry, JMJ P.G. College for women, Tenali 2004-2006
Administrative ExperienceAcademic Admission duty for I B.Tech-August 2016, July 2017, July 2018.
Member in Organising Induction Programme for I BTech 2017-18 and 18-19 academic years.
Mentor for I BTech 2017 till date.
Organised Human Value classes for faculty during 2017-18 and for students during 2017-18,18-19.
Committee WorkMember (Discipline Committee) GRIET, Hyderabad 2017-18.
Courses TaughtGeneral Chemistry
Analytical Chemistry- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
Analytical Chemistry- Principles and Techniques in Classical Analysis
Engineering Chemistry Environmental Sciences and Engineering Chemistry (Polytechnic)
Engineering Chemistry Lab
Inorganic and Instrumentation Lab
1. Jyothirmai, B., Syama Sundar, B., Satyadev, T. N. V. S. S., Santosh, T., (2015). A validated RP-HPLC method for the determination of Eplerenone in human plasma, Der Pharmacia Sinica, 6(2), 61-68.
2. Jyothirmai, B., Syama Sundar, B., Santosh, T., (2015). A Validated liquid chromatographic estimation of Drotaverine in human plasma, International Journal of Pharmacy, 5(3), 831-837.
3. Jyothirmai, B., Syama Sundar, B., Satyadev, T. N. V. S. S., Santosh, T., (2014). Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the determination of Niflumic acid in human plasma, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 4(2), 1172-1180. (Scope Med - Online, Open Access), DOI 10.1044/1980- iajpr.14213.
4. Jyothirmai, B., Syama Sundar, B., Santosh, T., (2014). Development and Validation of an RP-HPLC method for the determination of Febuxostat in human plasma, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 4(2), 1040-1048. (Scope Med - Online, Open Access), DOI 10.1044/1980-iajpr.14241.
5. Jyothirmai, B., Syama Sundar, B., Satyadev, T. N. V. S. S., Santosh, T., (2014). Development and validation of an RP-HPLC method for the determination of Olmesartan in human plasma, International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry, 4(2), 457-466.
6. “Bitumen Modified with Plastic Waste For Pavement Construction: A Literature Review” Proceedings of the national conference on Materials for specific Applications ISBN:978-81-928677-2-4, pp.31-33, January 2018.
Seminars and Symposiums
1. Workshop to train the trainers for implementation of Induction Programme, Under TEQIP III, JNTUH Hyderabad, 17-19th May 2018.
2. Recent Developments in in vivo experimentation- A Practical approach, Pharmacy College, GRCP, Hyderabad, 8-9 December 2017.
3. FDP of IIT Bombay X: FDP101x Foundation Program in ICT for Education, 03 August 2017 to 07 September 2017.
4. FDP of IIT Bombay X: FDP201x Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching-Learning Process, 14 September to 12 October 2017.
5. Microsoft Certified Educator, 05 May 2017
6. Communication skills proficiency enhancement program, Effective Teaching Skills with in the classroom, GRIET, January- April, 2017.
7. One-week short term training program on Nano, Micro and Bulk Material Processing and Nanotechnology, GRIET, 20-26 March, 2017
8. One week FDP on Faculty Orientation Program, GRIET, 27 February to 06 March 2017.
9. National Conference on Materials for Specific Applications, GRIET, 29-30 January 2017
10. 5 Day Workshop on Teachers Orientation Programme on Universal Human Values sponsored by AICTE, 27 June- 1 July 2016.
11. Two-day workshop on Faculty Orientation in Engineering chemistry, VNRVJIET, 24-25 September 2010.
12. Three-day National workshop on Soft Skills development Strategies corporate and Academic Perspectives, VNRVJIET, 23-25th July 2009.
13. Two-day Workshop on Polymer Waste Management, Department of Chemistry, JNTUH, 18-19th December 2009.
14. The Impact of Physics on Modren Civilization, JMJ College for Women, 23-24 June 2005.
15. Modern Trends in Chemistry, Hindu College, 03-04 February, 2007.
16. Experimental Techniques and Tools in Chemical laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Acharya Nagarjuna University and Mahatma Gandhi college, 1-2 November,2008.
17. Chemical Dynamics and Reaction mechanisms (Sponsored by UGC), Acharya Nagarjuna University, 19-21 January 2006.
18. 39th Annual Convention of Chemists, Indian Chemical Society, Acharya Nagarjuna University, 23-26 December 2002.
Online CertificationsAnalytical Checmistry, 2018 -NPTEL
Infra red spectroscopy for pollution monitoring, 2018 -NPTEL