K.Lavanya, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, GRIET. K.Lavanya, completed M.sc in Chemistry from Kakatiya University and has over 7 years of academic experience.
K.Lavanya is currently working in Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad from the past 3 years. She has been the in-charge for attendance and mid marks for I B.Tech from 2017 academic year onwards. She is one of the active member in time-table committee for I year. She has done result analysis for semester final exams.
K. Lavanya’s research interests includes corrosion science, synthesis of drugs,organic chemistry& spectroscopic Techniques. She has 3 publications, in various journals and conferences.
Office Room no: 4308
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Educational DetailsM.Sc (Organic Chemistry) from Kakatiya University in 2010 with 73 % marks. in KITS college –Warangal.
B.Sc (Bt.B.C) from Kakatiay University in Priyadharsini College Kothagudem in 2008 with 81.32% marks.
Intermediate Bi.P.C from S.V.S junior college Hanumakonda in 2005 with 85.60% marks.
S.S.C from Board of Secondary School Education in 2003 with 89% marks.
Professional BackgroundAssistant Professor, GRIET, Hyderabad ( may, 2016-till date)
Assistant Professor, Gouthami Institute of Technology and Management for Women, Proddatur from 2013 to 2016.
Assistant Professor, MLRIT&M, Hyderabad from 2010 to 2012.
Administrative ExperienceTime-table committee member
Attendance committee member
Mid marks format and report generating
Result analysis for I year.
Member of Admissions committee
Committee WorkTime-table committee member, GRIET, Hyderabad (2016- till date)
Attendance committee member , GRIET, Hyderabad (2017- till date)
Member of Admissions committee , GRIET, Hyderabad (2016- till date)
Courses TaughtEngineering Chemistry
Engineering Chemistry Lab
1. K.Lavanya, J.Saranya have published a paper entitled “Recent Reviews on Quinoline derivative as corrosion inhibitors”-Corrosion Reviews. Available online on 21 Feb, 2018.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/corrrev-2017-0129 (SCIE & SCOPUS Indexed) IF= 1.085.ISSN: 2191-0316
2. K.Lavanya, J.Saranya, published a paper entitled “PlyurethaneZnO Nano composite as protective coating on steel for Rebar corrosion” innational conference on “Materials for specific Applications” ISBN: 978-81-928677-2-4, pp.18-20, January 2018.
3. K.Lavanya, J.Saranya, published a paper entitled “Quinoline as corrosion inhibitor for mild steel: An Overview in conference CORCON-2017, paper no-14.
Seminars and Symposiums1. Two Day National conference on “Materials for Specific Applications” held at Department of physics, GRIET, Hyderabad, during 29th- 30th January 2018.
2. FDP of IIT Bombay X: FDP201x Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching-Learning Process, October 2017.
3. FDP of IIT Bombay X: FDP101x Foundation Program in ICT for Education, September 2017.
4. Online Training: Stem- Corrosion in the Oil and Gas Industry, 2017, March 21-July 28, 2017.
5. Two days workshop on Teacher Effectiveness: Workshop for Women Teachers, organized at IIT, Hyderabad during 3-4 march, 2017.
6. Communication Skills Proficiency Enhancement Program, conducted in GRIET, during January to April, 2017.
7. Faculty induction program, conducted by GRIET, during 1- 8 Oct, 2016.
Certification CoursesInfra-Red Spectroscopy for Pollution Monitoring, NPTEL , 2018
Microsoft Certified Educator, 2017