Head, Associate Professor
Dr.V.LakshmiPrasanna,Head, Associate Professor of English in the Department of English in Humanities and Basic sciences. She completed her Ph.D. from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (2015) and has over twenty - six years of academic and research experience in the the areas of Indian writing in English, ELT, Methodology of English. Prior to Ph.D, she had earned Master of Arts in English Language and Literature in SPMVV in Tirupathi, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education, Master of Education, Bachelor of Special Education, Masters of Arts in English Language and Literature in SVU,Tirupathi and Master of Philosophy in Education. Her research interests include American literature, Indian writing in English, communication skills and employability skills. She has published papers in various journals and she has attended and presented papers in several national and international conferences and attended workshops, FDPs and online certification courses in the related areas. She teaches English, English Language Communication Skills, Advanced English Language Communication Skills Lab, Business communication and Soft Skills, Professional Communication in English, Methods of Teaching English, Personality development and communicative English and English for Research Paper Writing to enhance the employability skills and research paper writing skills among the students.
Office Room no:3305
Head, Associate Professor of English
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Educational DetailsPh.D - JNTUH, Hyderabad - 2015
M.Phil – Sri Venkateswara University -2009
B.Ed (Special Education)- Bhoj University -2006
M.Ed – Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 2000
B.Ed - Annamalai University, Annamalai - 1996
M.A - English Language & Literature ( Sri Padmavathi Mahila ViswaVidyalayam, Tirupathi, 1992)
B.A – Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur – 1990
Professional BackgroundHead, Associate Professor of English in the Department of English, GRIET, Hyderabad, 1 April 2017 to till date.
Associate Professor of English in the Department of English,H&BS, GRIET, Hyderabad, From March 14, 2014 to till date.
Assistant Professor of English in the Department of English, H&BS, GRIET, Hyderabad, July 2008 to 2014.
Sr.Lecturer in MNR college of Education 2004 to 2008.
Sr.Lecturer in Vignan Vidyalayam 1992 to 2004.
Administrative ExperienceChairman Board of Studies,Department of English,GRIET from Mar 2018 till date
Head of the English Department, Humanities and Basic Science, GRIET 2017 to till date
Committee WorkCoordinator (Oxford Achiever programme) GRIET, Hyderabad since 2017 to till date.
Coordinator (Street Cause) GRIET, Hyderabad since 2015 to till date.
Cordinator (Academic Performance) GRIET, Hyderabad since 2010 to till date.
Member (Discipline Committee) GRIET, Hyderabad since 2010 to till date.
Member (Budget Committee),GRIET,Hyderabad 2017 to till date.
Member (Relections,College magazine) 2010 to till date
Methods of English
Personality development and communicative English
English language and Communication Skills Lab
English language and Communication Skills
Professional Communication in English
Advanced English Communication Skills Lab
Business Communication and Soft Skills
English for Research Paper Writing
(International Journals)1. Indian Writing in English: Objectives and Achievements, volume: 7, Issue: 1, June 2014, ISSN 0972-0901, Cyber Literature: The International online Journal
2. Nayantara Sahgal’s Place In Indo-English Novel, Volume: 7 Issue: 1 (June 2014) ISSN 0972-0901 Cyber Literature: The International Online Journal.
3. Nayantara Sahgal's Definition of New Morality and New Humanism "IJFEL ISSN 2320- 2505, July 2014.
4. "Metaphor, Image and symbol in the poetry of Robert Frost” IJELLH ISSN 2321-7065, Aug 2014, Impact Factor 2.317
5. Gandhian Idiology-Its impact on Nayantara Sahgals Thinking: IJELR ISSN 2349- 9451. Dec-14
National Publications1. Paper published in National Journal ‘Triveni’, -“Images of Women in the Novels of NayantaraSahgal” ISSN 0041-3135,RNI No.25269,Vol.No.80,Jan-March 2011.
International Conferences1. Paper Presented on “Teaching of English as a Second Language – a point of view” in International Seminar on Applied Linguistics conducted by ANU, Guntur (15-18 Dec 2010)
2. Participated and Paper Presented in Three-Day International Conferences conducted by English and Foreign Languages university, Hyderabad on English Language Teacher Education in a Diverse Environment in Collaboration with British Council 2010, 2011&2013
3. Paper Presented on “ The Role of Email in the communication process- Netiquette in International Elt@I Rajastan Conference on Interfacing Language, Culture &Technology BITS, Pilani, Rajastan.(8-9 Oct 012)
4. Paper Presented on “The Role of Technology in Project-Based learning” in World Conference on Applied science, Engineering &Technology at GITAM University, Hyd.( 8 March,2013).
5. Presented paper on “Developing 21 st Century Skills In Education” at the two day International Conference on ‘Who ‘,’What’,’How’,: ELT in the Global Context organised by Amity University on May 18 & 19,2013.
6. Paper Presented on “The Importance of Partition Literature in Indian Writing in English” in the International Conference on English Language and Literature: Readings and Reflections at GITAM University, Hyderabad on 7&8 August, 2015.
7. Paper Presented on “The Importance of Cross Cultural Communication in an Organization.” at the International & Interdisciplinary Conference on Language,Literature Cultural Studies and Knowledge Resources (LLCSKR-2015) held at Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi on 5&6 February,2015
8. Paper Presented on “Eco Criticism” in the International Conference on Commonwealth Literature,organised by Indian Society for Commonwealth Studies OU CIP,Hyderabad from 7 Feb to 9 Feb 2018.
9. Paper Presented on “Importance of Domestic Drama in literature” at the International Cultural Studies , Layola college,Vijayawada,14 March - 16 March 2018.
National Conferences1. Dr.V. LakshmiPrasanna, Participated “National Practicum on Emerging Areas of Research in English Language &Literary studies” conducted by JNTUH (29 April, 2011).
2. Dr. Vaidana Lakshmi Prasanna Participated in a One -Day National Seminar on 19th July 2012 at JBIET on “Innovations in English Language Teaching Methodologies.
3. Dr.V. LakshmiPrasanna, Paper presented on “The Role of Modern Communication-Industry”,a National Conference on The Frontiers of English Literature &The Patterns of English Language Teaching(9 - 10 November 2012)Organized by Discipline of English Studies, Dept. of M & H ,Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology Gandipet, Hyderabad &ELTAI, Hyderabad Chapter.
4. Dr. V. LakshmiPrasanna, Paper presented on “Evaluation Tools in Education”, a National Conference On ‘A Paradigmatic shift in ELT: Empowerment of the English Classroom’ (1&2 February2013) conducted by Vasavi college of Engineering, Ibrahimbagh, Hyderabad.
5. Dr. V. LakshmiPrasanna , Paper presented on “Higher Order Thinking Skills in Education”, a National Conference on Rethinking the Role of Humanities in Technical Education Pedagogies and Possibilities (October 18-19, 2013) Organized by Department of Languages and Humanities BITS, Pilani, Hyderabad campus.
6. Dr .V. LakshmiPrasanna, Participated in a two day National Symposium on “Teacher-Text-Student Interaction” during 13-14 December 2013 at JNTUH,Hyderabad.
Seminars and Symposiums
WORKSHOPS & FDP1. Attended the AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on Developing Research skills in Management scholars conducted from 2 May to 16 May 2012 organised by the department of Management studies, GRIET, Hyderabad.
2. Participated in state level workshop on Text in Context: Contemporary perspectives in Teaching English at GITAM University, Hyderabad on 4 and 5 January, 2013. Attended A Two-Day National Workshop on “Creativity for Teaching” organised by Industry Institute Partnership Cell& Department of CSE,VNR VJIET on 27th-28th February 2013.
3. Participated in the one day Faculty Development Programme on Effective Methods of Teaching for Engineering Faculty, organized by Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad, held on14 October 2012 at Hyderabad.
4. Attended NASSCOM workshop at JNTUH, 2Sep to Sep 6, 2013 Hyderabad.
5. Attended the Cambridge English Teachers Support Workshop 30 Aug – 1 September 2014, Guntur, focusing on developing the four skills in preparation for Cambridge English Business Certificates.
6. Participated in the Faculty development program on “Guide to a Passionate Teacher” organised by Department of Career Guidance and Counselling at GRIET (Autonomous), Hyderabad during 29 June- 4 July 2015.
7. Participated in the Faculty Enablement program on “Best Practices in Facilitation skills” conducted by Infosys Limited at NNR Group of Institutions from 27th-29th September, 2016.
8. Completed the requirements to be recognised as a Microsoft certified Educator for TECHNOLOGY LITERACY FOR EDUCATOTS on 5 MAY,2017
9. Completed MAPLESOFT PRODUCT OVERVIEW-LEVEL1 with Maple soft and Binary Semantics on June 2017.
10. Organised workshop for Non-teaching faculty on Professional communication from 9 NOV 2017 TO 11 NOV 2017.
CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES1. FDP201x Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching Learning Process,an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during May-June 2018
2. FDP101x Foundation Program in ICT for Education [Part I], an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during March-April 2018
3. Microsoft Certified Educator Certification in May 2017
4. Attended communication Skills Proficiency Enhancement Program, a 27 hour Faculty Support Program on “ Effective Teaching Skills within the classroom” during Jan.- Apr. 2017 offered by GRIET
5. Completed ET601TX Educational Technology for Engineering Teachers, an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during Jan.-Mar.2016
6. Completed FDPICT001x: Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning, an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during April -Aug2016
7. Completed WHS791x: Technical Communication for Scientists and Engineers, an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during Nov.-Dec.2015
8. NPTEL course on Technical English for Engineers, IITM Oct 2018.