Ms. P. M Rekha
Ms. P. M Rekha , Asst. Professor of English is pursuing Ph. D from JNTU Hyderabad and has over fifteen years of academic experience. Her Ph.D work is on American Literature. Prior to Ph.D, she has earned Bachelors of Arts, and Masters of Arts in English Language and Literature. Her research interests include American literature, Indian writing in English, communication skills and employability skills. She has published papers in various journals and she has attended conferences, workshops and online certification courses in the related areas. She teaches English, English Language Communication Skills, Advanced English Language Communication Skills Lab and Research Paper Writing Skills to enhance the employability skills and research paper writing skills among the students.
Assistant Professor, English Department
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational DetailsPh.D (JNTUH Reg.2012)
M.A Literature( Osmania University, Hyderabad, 2001)
B.A Literature (Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala,1996 )
Professional BackgroundAsst.Professor (Department of English) GRIET, Hyderabad, Feb.2012 till date
English language and Communication Skills Lab
Advanced English Communication Skills Lab
Business Communication and Soft Skills
Business Communication and Soft Skills Lab
English Research Paper Writing
1. Rekha. P.M “O’Connor’s Letters : A Thematic Study” international journal IOSR, Journal of Humanities and Social Science Vol. 22, Feb 2017, e- ISSN 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845 (PP 41-46)
2. Rekha. P.M “Flannery O’Connor’s Wise Blood : Replica of Modern American Society” international journal LITTCRIT Vol. 42, Dec. 2016, ISSN 0970-8049 (PP 139-144)
3. Rekha. P.M “Human circumscription in decoding the sense of grace: A study of O’Connor’s short stories ‘The River’ and ‘The Temple of the Holy Ghost’ in an anagogical perspective” journal Literary Endeavour Vol V(4), Oct 2014 ISSN 0976-299X (PP 99-106)
Seminars and Symposiums
Conferences1. Participated and presented a paper, Imagery, the Strength of O’Connor: A study of the Violent Bear It Away, 62nd All India English Teacher’s Conference organized by O UC I P from 18 January 2018 to 20 January 2018.
2. Participated in the Three Days International Conference conducted by British Council and English Foreign Languages university, Hyderabad on English Language Teacher Education in a Diverse Environment in 2013.
Workshops1. Participated in the one day Workshop conducted by Oxford University Press on at CBIT, Hyd on July 2016.
2. Participated in the one day Faculty Development Programme on Effective Methods of Teaching for Engineering Faculty, organized by Institute of Public Enterprise(IPE),Hyderabad, held on14 October 2012 at Hyderabad.
Certifications1. FDP201x Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching Learning Process,an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during May-June 2018
2. FDP101x Foundation Program in ICT for Education [Part I], an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during March-April 2018
3. Microsoft Certified Educator Certification in May 2017
4. Communication Skills Proficiency Enhancement Program, a 27 hour Faculty Support Program on “ Effective Teaching Skills within the classroom” during Jan.- Apr. 2017 offered by GRIET
5. ET601Tx : Educational Technology for Engineering Teachers, an online Certificate Course of study offered by IIT Bombay X during Jan.-Mar.2016